When the popular Snowboard and Ski Centre’s changing and leisure facilities needed refurbishing and extending, the Telford and Wrekin Council came to us.
We carried out the work required in two phases.
1st phase – delivering new build
- 17 new showers
- 13 new toilets
- additional changing room space
2nd phase – refurbishing existing ski lodge
- removal of the existing toilets and removing the internal dividing walls
- erection of an internal steel frame to form a large open space for entertainment
- existing commercial kitchen was removed, the kitchen footprint increased and a new state of the art commercial kitchen was installed
- exiting electrical and plumbing services were upgraded and modernised
- new wall and floor finishes
- existing bar was tidied up
- access ramp was also removed and replaced with a new entrance via the new changing areas
The traditional brick building was timber-cladded with a retaining wall and landscaped.
The investment by Telford & Wrekin Council supports the growing number of skiers and snowboarders in the area and has made it a more attractive venue to the wider community.
Councillor John Minor, Cabinet Member for Leisure, Green Spaces and Parks, from Telford and Wrekin Council said:
“The Telford Snowboard and Ski Centre is a real asset to our community. The improvements made will broaden its appeal and encourage more people to have fun and enjoy keeping fit at a top-class leisure venue which can be used year-round.”