This project called on our expertise in restoration.
The Grade II Listed country manor dates from 1860 and the exterior of the building is constructed in red sandstone coursed ashlar and hadn’t been touched for over 70 years before we were called in. We carried out extensive repairs to the stonework, which included repointing and careful replacement of damaged masonry.
All of the windows and doors were repaired or replaced on site or by Morris Joinery in the Bicton workshop. Every roof was stripped and timbers inspected and where necessary, repaired. This was followed by replacement of the existing or matched roof covering. The whole of the internal envelope was stripped and restored to form a comfortable family home.
In addition to the listed building works, we developed:
- new pool house and swimming pool complex
- roof terrace
- stainless steel kitchen deck area
All of the buildings on the estate have been upgraded and are now heated by a central biomass wood chip boiler.