This restoration project involved the demolition and rebuilding of the redundant estate gardener’s potting shed and outbuildings to create two luxury holiday homes (‘The Bothy’ and ‘The Potting Shed’).
The existing buildings were dismantled brick by brick and slate by slate to maximise the amount of material that could be salvaged for use in the rebuild. New external cavity walls were constructed and faced with dressed bricks salvaged from the demolition, with panels included to replicate the original building.
The new build includes:
- powder coated double glazed aluminium windows and doors complete with arched heads
- conservation roof lights
- high quality kitchen and bathroom fittings including granite worktops
- walls have been finished in a number of styles ranging from ceramic tiling, wood panelling and stylish feature wallpaper
- primary heating is provided by electric panel heaters with secondary heating coming from wood burners
- paved patio areas, turfed lawns, planted borders and a gravelled driveway